Shiatsu is an official recognized therapy within the health system and defined by the Japan Ministry of Health (health and welfare) as follows:
Shiatsu is a treatment by finger pressure on specific points on the body maintains and improves health, relieves various diseases, correcting irregularities and reactive body’s ability to heal itself. It has no side effects and can be referred shiatsu massage or shiatsu treatment.
Originally from Japan and a descendant of the Chinese Tradition, Shiatsu is an ancient therapy that bases its benefits in getting the correct channeling of vital energy (Chi) through pressure on certain key points of our body, exerted with the fingers and palms.
There is evidence of the practice of shiatsu from early twentieth century, more specifically since 1912, when the therapist developed a technique Tokujiro Namikoshi pressure with thumbs and palms to treat rheumatoid arthritis suffering mother.
Like other Eastern techniques as acupuncture, shiatsu is based on the principle that the state of health of a person depends largely on how his life energy to flow throughout your body, a process that is done through of channels called meridianos.
With this in mind, if some pressure on these meridians through the palms and fingers, especially thumbs, can redirect and improve the circulation of energy and therefore our health applies.
Similarly, shiatsu is also related to other Eastern practices such as yoga and tai chi, or is that just happens in these two techniques, its essence lies in getting also keep the body in a correct position and perform both our movements and our breathing consciously and accurately.
With all achieve the aforementioned energy to circulate naturally in our body thus achieving perfect harmony between body, mind and spirit, which, in turn, will make our health is much better.
Benefits of Shiatsu Massage:
- Stimulates the innate ability to heal itself in the body.
- It balances the physiological systems of the body, improves the quality of life.
- It produces deep relaxation, physical, mental and emotional balance.
- Restores harmony in the body.
- Increases vitality.
- Prevents accumulation of fatigue.
- Promotes sleep.
- Improves skin.
- It is completely painless.
- Removes the physical, mental and emotional stress.
- Maintains and improves overall body function.
- It stimulates the secretion of endorphins, hormones that produce a sedative effect and relieve pain.
- Contribute to the elimination of toxins, cleanses and purifies the body.
- It has no side effects.