Have a craving for Thai cuisine? You don’t need to look for that Thai takeout menu or the closest Asian eatery. You will often find pretty bland and moderate Thai food in several places around you, except for a few extremely authentic Thai eateries.
The only definite method to obtain those flavourful, strong Thai tastes is to prepare them yourself, just how you want. Even though you may need a few basic Thai ingredients, most Thai food is straightforward, quick, and easy to prepare. We have assembled this delicious collection of simple Thai recipes to satisfy your needs.
Table of contents:
- 1. Pad Thai
- 2. Thai salad with peanut dressing
- 3. Thai fish cakes
- 4. Thai chicken lettuce wraps
- 5. Thai-style green beans
- 6. Mango sticky rice
- 7. Thai fresh spring rolls
- 8. Thai chicken coconut skewers
- 9. Pork satay
- 10. Larb Gai
There is a good chance you will order Pad Thai in a Thai restaurant. Why wait to prepare a dish of restaurant quality when you can do so in your own home in less than 30 minutes?
Chicken, shrimp, or tofu, cilantro, peanuts, bean sprouts, scrambled eggs, as well as rice noodles are all combined.
- Total preparation time: 30 minutes
- Total servings: 4 servings (for this recipe)
2 teaspoons of canola oil
2 garlic cloves, minced well
2 shallots, thinly sliced
4 ounces of uncooked thick rice noodles
1 egg, lightly beaten
½ pound pork tenderloin, make sure to cut into thin strips
3 cups of coleslaw mixture
4 thinly sliced green onions
1/3 cup of rice vinegar
¼ cup of sugar
1 tablespoon of chilli garlic sauce
3 tablespoons of reduced-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoon of lime juice
2 tablespoons of fish sauce
2 tablespoons of chopped salted peanuts
Chopped cilantro, fresh-cut lime as well as bean sprouts (optional)
- Start by cooking the noodles; make sure to follow the directions mentioned on the package of the noodles.
- Pork should be stir-fried in oil over high heat in a large nonstick pan or wok until faintly browned; remove, then leave aside. About a minute after adding the shallot to the pan, add the garlic and cook for 30 seconds. Create a well and place the egg in the middle of the onion mixture. Stir-fry the egg for 1 to 2 minutes or until it is fully set.
- Heat through the coleslaw mix with the green onions, lime juice, sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce, chili garlic sauce, vinegar, and peanuts. Heat the meat once more in the pan. Noodles are drained; combine with meat mixture. Add cilantro, more peanuts, lime wedges, and bean sprouts as garnish.
Searching for a bright, vivid, multi-textured, flavourful, fresh salad? Make this Thai noodle salad. A fantastic combination of noodles, vegetables, and fruits is included in this bowl, which also features a sweet and sour peanut sauce. This a refreshing twist from the typical spaghetti salads or mayonnaise-heavy salads.
- Total preparation time: 25 minutes
- Total servings: 8 servings
1 cucumber thinly sliced
1 small red onion chopped
1 small shredded Napa cabbage
2 small shredded carrots
2 green onions sliced well
2 cups of spring mix salad greens
½ cup of fresh cilantro leaves
3 tablespoons of hot water
1 tablespoon of lime juice
¼ cup of peanut butter of your choice
1 tablespoon of sesame oil
½ tablespoon of crushed red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon of fish sauce
1 tablespoon of rice vinegar
1 minced garlic clove
Jalapeño pepper slices (optional)
¼ cup of dry roasted peanuts
- Put 2 cups of mixed salad greens and the other six ingredients in a large salad bowl.
- As for the peanut dressing, whisk all the other eight ingredients. Then you can add the sauce to the salad mixture and mix well to coat all the ingredients. You can divide the salad into different plates and top it up with peanuts or jalapeños.
These can be served as starters with cucumber salad and sweet chili dipping sauce or as main dishes with fried rice.
- Total preparation time: 20 minutes
- Total servings: 3 servings
1 large egg
4 packets of sweet & spicy flavored salmon pouches
½ tablespoon of red curry paste
5 tablespoons of panko breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons of chopped cilantro
Salt & pepper to taste
1 tablespoon of olive oil
Thai cucumber salad for servings
Sweet chili sauce for serving
- Fill a big bowl with the salmon packages’ contents. Mix in the curry paste, panko, egg, cilantro, and egg until well combined. If desired, adjust with salt and black pepper.
- Form the fish mixture into three patties (wet hands are helpful here!). Over medium heat, warm the olive oil in a large skillet.
- The patties should be cooked through and gently browned after 5 to 6 mins on each side in the skillet.
- Serve immediately with a serving of sweet chili sauce and Thai cucumber salad.
If you are looking for a low-carb dinner that includes Asian flavours, then this recipe is a perfect choice.
Sambal oelek for serving
Red bell pepper
- Mix the fish sauce, brown sugar, soy sauce, lime juice, sesame oil, and cornflour to make the sauce.
- With some olive oil, sauté the lighter green onion parts.
- Cook the chicken in the skillet until done.
- Once the bell pepper is barely softened, add it to the chicken, carrots, a dark portion of the green onions, and sauce.
- Ensure to cook u till the sauce is completely thickened, then put in the chopped peanuts and cilantro. Finally, serve the lettuce wraps.
One of the easiest and tastiest bean dishes on this list. It is full of flavours, but the great thing is that it is quick and simple, and you can make it any time of the day.
- Preparation time: 20 minutes
- Total servings: 2 servings
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon chopped shallot
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 tablespoon hoi sin sauce
1 teaspoon ginger root minced
1/8 teaspoon crushed red chili flakes
1 tablespoon peanut butter
½ pound trimmed green beans
- Combine the red pepper flakes, peanut butter, soy sauce, and hoisin sauce in a small bowl; put to rest.
- Shallot and ginger should be sauteed in oil for 2 min or until crisp-tender in a small pan over medium heat. Cook and toss the green beans for 3 mins or until they are crisp-tender. Toss to coat after adding the sauce. If desired, top with cilantro and peanuts.
This Thai mango sticky rice dish is a cool delight with a sweet and straightforward sauce that brightens your taste buds after dinner, making a great change from usual sweets.
- Preparation time: 15 minutes
- Total servings: 8 servings
2 cups of uncooked sweet rice
¼ teaspoon salt
2 medium-sized mangoes
½ cup of packed light brown sugar
1 can of coconut milk (13.66 ounces)
- Place the rinsed rice in a 3-qt. microwave-safe bowl. Give it an hour, and then cover it with water.
- Rice should be cooked on high for 8 to 12 minutes with the lid on, stirring every 3 minutes until tender. Once the rice has been drained, add 2 cups of water to the dish. Observe for ten minutes.
- Peel and finely slice half a mango; set aside for serving. Slice the remaining mangoes finely.
- Coconut milk, salt, and brown sugar should all be put in a big pot and boiled thoroughly while constantly stirring. Chill a little. Remove from heat and whisk in the mangos, chopped.
- Blend the mango mixture in batches until completely smooth. Rice should be served warm or at room temperature in serving bowls. With the rice covered in sauce, add sliced mango on top.
This recipe is not only easy to make but is super fresh, vibrant in colours, and light in taste but also perfect for summer.
1 pack of spring rolls rice wrappers
1 pack of vermicelli rice noodles
1 thinly sliced carrot
1 thinly sliced cucumber
1 pound small shrimp
Basil leaves cilantro
2 mangoes thinly sliced
Peanut sauce ingredients
¾ cup sweet chilli sauce
1/3 cup peanut butter
½ teaspoon soy sauce
½ teaspoon hoisin sauce
- Cook the vermicelli noodles according to the package instruction, then rinse them in cold water.
- Gather all the ingredients. Then place a rice wrapper inside the water and let it soak for about 15 seconds. It should be firm when removing and placing it on a dry counter.
- The wrapper will start to soften as you fill in the ingredients. Make sure to work quickly. Layer 1-2 slices of vegetables, a little bit of the other ingredients, and the noodles.
- Over the ingredients, fold the spring roll’s sides in. Finally, wrap it up like a burrito by pulling the side nearest you up and over the toppings, securely closing everything.
If you are planning to host a party, this dish must be on your list to impress your guests. Or you can simply enjoy them with your family on a grilling night.
Dark soy sauce
- Marinate the chicken for 1-2 hours using all the ingredients mentioned. You can marinate overnight as well for a more powerful flavour.
- Prepare and then skewer the chicken.
- After that, you can start grilling the chicken and make sure the chicken is well cooked. You can finish it off with the coconut glaze for 2-3 minutes so they can be saucy and juicy.
Pork satay is another easy and delicious recipe many Asians live to eat. It is a great recipe with amazing ingredients and flavours to make you want more.
1/3 soy sauce
3 tablespoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons Thai chilli sauce
2 sliced green onions
2 teaspoons lime juice
3 tablespoons minced cilantro
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1/3 peanut butter
3 tablespoons hot water
1 pound pork tenderloin; ¼ inch sliced
2 teaspoons minced garlic
- Combine the ingredients to make the sauce, and set about ¼ cup dipping sauce aside. Put the remaking sauce inside a dish, add the pork, and keep stirring until fully coated. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- You can skewer the pork after fully marinated. Put the skewers inside a baking pan. Broil 3-4 inches from heat for about 3 to 4 minutes on every side.
- Meanwhile, combine peanut butter in hot water, then add lime juice and the soy sauce mixture. When the dish is ready, serve the sauce with the pork satay.
You can serve this easy yet delicious dish as a main dish or as an appetizer. Either way, anyone would love this yummy Thai recipe.
1 pound ground chicken
2 tablespoons canola oil
Hot cooked rice (sticky)
2 thinly sliced shallots
2 tablespoons mint
2 chopped green chilies
¼ cup cilantro
2 minced garlic cloves
2 teaspoons sriracha chilli sauce
2 tablespoons lime juice
2 teaspoons brown sugar
3 tablespoons fish sauce
1 tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce
- Cook the chicken in a big skillet over medium heat, breaking it into crumbles, for 8 to 10 minutes or until it’s no longer pink. Drain. Oil should be heated in the same skillet at medium heat. Stir and sauté the shallots and chilies for 3 to 4 minutes or until soft. For a further minute, add the garlic.
- Add the cooked chicken, lime juice, Sriracha, fish sauce, and chili sauce. Cook while stirring until fully hot. Add mint and cilantro and stir. If preferred, garnish with lettuce leaves and serve with rice.
I hope the list of these delicious and easy-to-make Thai recipes was helpful for you. They are easy plus quick to make and require the most basic ingredients easily found at home. If you are someone who loves Asian food or wants to try Asian cuisine, then you should try all of these recipes.