What Can We Expect from a Massage Session?
Regardless of why a massage has been requested, there is a series of additional benefits that one greatly needs. In the same way a medicinal plant not only benefits the diseased body area, but exerts actions on the rest of the body, massages provide numerous effects that will undoubtedly benefit the recipient.
The most noticeable effects are:
- Relaxation of the nervous system, although there is also stimulation of nerve endings.
- Provides momentary nervous balance that helps us sleep
- Ability to stimulate and restore function to an injured nerve
- Improves blood circulation
- Relaxation of particularly tense areas and movement of some that have remained inactive
- Improves lymphatic circulation
- Helps reduce daily stress
- Improves tissue oxygenation which contributes to better skin health.
- Allows us to better drain accumulated substances in the body
- Energetic cleaning of the skin
- Elimination of toxins within the skin
- Relieves muscle fatigue, contractures and mild pain
- Improves cell function
- Improves social integration and the ability to touch and be touched by another person
- Increases skin sensitivity
- Improves quality of sleep
- Increases production of red blood cells due to better oxygenation